Jayender Jagadeesan Ph.D.
Dr. Jayender Jagadeesan is an Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School and a Research Associate at the Brigham and Women's Hospital. Prior to his current appointment, he completed his Ph.D. at the University of Western Ontario, Canada and his Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech.) at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. His research interests include image-guided therapy, surgical navigation, robotics, modeling and control of smart materials, and haptics. Minimally Invasive Surgical devices and applications form the primary research motivation.
He is also the technical lead for the following procedures in the state of the art Advanced Multimodality Image-guided Operating (AMIGO) suite at BWH:
- MR-guided breast conserving surgery (BCS)
- Image-guided video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (iVATS)
- Image-guided parathyroidectomy and hemithyroidectomy
- MR-guided nerve and tumor cryotherapy
- Personal webpage: http://scholar.harvard.edu/jayender
- E-mail: jayender at bwh.harvard.edu
- Phone: (617) 732-5500 x 31420