Steve Pieper, Ph.D. is a Computer Scientist with a long-time interest in applying Computer Graphics to problems in Medical Imaging, Surgical Planning, and Biomechanical Simulation expressed through entrepreneurship and academic research.
At the SPL, Steve is the Slicer Core PI on the Neuroimage Analysis Center. He is also responsible for application engineering and dissemination activities in the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing For over ten years he has also taken on responsibility as the Chief Architect of the 3D Slicer, the SPL's flagship software system.
Steve is also active in a variety of research collaborations related to software development, surgical applications, high performance computing, facial animation, haptics, registration and segmentation.
- Steve's background includes
- Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley
- M.S. and Ph.D. from the MIT Media Lab
- Thesis topic: Computer-Aided Plastic Surgery. Thesis and papers at www.isomics.com/caps
- Faculty in Engineering at Dartmouth College
- Adjunct teaching of Computer Science and Computer Graphics at Berkeley and MIT.
- Founder, former President, CTO and Board Member at Medical Media Systems
- Current Founder and CEO of Isomics,Inc.
- Eight+ issued US Patents
- Managed medical software from development through FDA clearance to reimbursement and clinical acceptance
Steve Pieper, Ph.D.
55 Kirkland Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
617.596.2719 (voice, no cold calls please - if you don't know me, please email first)
Preferred E-mail: pieper at isomics.com (For any emails that contain patient names or other protected health information, please use pieper at bwh.harvard.edu)