Junichi Tokuda Ph.D.
Junichi Tokuda is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School. He received a B.S. in Engineering in 2002, an M.S. in Information Science and Technology in 2004, and a Ph.D. in Information Science and Technology in 2007, from University of Tokyo, Japan. He joined the Image-Guided Therapy Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital as a postdoctoral fellow in April 2007. He is currently serving as a PI of NIH R01 project "OpenIGTLink: A Network Communication Interface for Closed-loop Image Guided Interventions"(R01EB020667).
His research interests include navigation software, MRI-compatible robots, and integration of these technologies for clinical applications. He has broad experience of developing and testing image-guided software and manipulators clinically including navigation software and needle-guide manipulators for MR-guided microwave ablation and MR-guided prostate biopsy/cryoablation.
- Publication List at MyNCBI (Full paper only)
- My Profile at Harvard Catalyst (Full paper only)
- Curriculum Vitae in Harvard Medical School/Harvard School of Dental Medicine Format
- OpenIGTLink, An Open Network Protocol for Image-Guided Therapy Environment
- National Center for Image Guided Therapy, Prostate Core and Guidance Core
- MRI-Guided Transperineal Prostate Robot Project (Enabling Technologies for MRI-Guided Prostate Interventions, NIH 1R01CA111288-01A1) led by Dr. Clare Tempany
- Surgical Navigation and Robotics Laboratory led by Dr. Nobuhiko Hata
Surgical Planning Laboratory
Department of Radiology
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis Street, ASB-I, Room L1-050
Boston, MA, 02115
E-mail: tokuda at bwh.harvard.edu